Jack's Bad Day!

Thursday 20 March 2014

 Hello everyone!

A quick post from me as my bed is crying out for me but I just realised that I hadn't added my own cards to the reminder post for PunkYouGirl's current challenge on Monday - I was so concerned with making sure I didn't miss anyone else out (cos we've had a load of new DT members join our ranks!) and ended up forgetting about myself!!  I've been so busy since then at work, catching up after 2 weeks off sick :(, that I only just realised my mistake this evening!!

So, the challenge is...

Fairytales Gone Bad!

And our very own lovely Kay is supplying the prize for this month!

Here's my Pirates Of The Caribbean themed card:


Now, I'm a massive fan of Johnny Depp, so this image, as fantastic as it is, really creeps me out!!  It is by the lovely Teri at Delicious Doodles and is called Zombie Pirate.  I coloured him with the following Copics: Clothes: E49,47,44. 100,c10,8,6. Bandana: C6,R39,37,29,E44. Skin: E21,00,0000,BV04,00,0000,YG17. Bones: E41.


The papers are by Prima from the Moulin Rouge set. I frantaged the hell out of the Marianne Design die-cut clock and added the Spellbinders Fancy Framed tags 1 piece over it with a computer generated sentiment using the font Blackadder.  The tiny brads in the corners are from Stampin' Up! and the charm and ribbon are from my stash.


The inside has been done to compliment the front.


And that's it!  I still can't believe I forgot my own cards, especially saying as I had 2 cards for it! I'm such a numpty! lol!
I'll do the post for the second one tomorrow or Friday (which is now technically tomorrow, but it's late on Wednesday night as I type!) but you can have a sneaky peeky at it now over on the PunkYouGirl blog where you will also be able to see all the fabulous work by our gorgeous design team - old and new!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Daring Cardmakers: Fairytales
Fab N Funky Challenges: Boys to men
Fussy & Fancy Challenge: Happy Birthday
Just For Fun: Anything goes
My Time To Craft: Charming
One Stitch At A Time: Use A Digi
QKR Stampede: Anything goes
Rhedd & Rosie's Challenge Blog: Aged/Distressed
Stampin' For The Weekend; Anything goes
Top Tip Tuesday; Metal or faux metal

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

15 comments:

Miri said...

I also like Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow ... but I agree that this is a very creepy pirate.
But I like the pirate theme of your card and that you even decorated the inside.
Thanks for joining the Daring Cardmaker's "fairy tales" challenge.

karalschuknecht said...

Great card, very creative. Thanks for joining us this week for "Anything Goes." Good Luck.

Karal DT for QKR Stampede
My Blog: Karals Creative Corner

meine-bastelarena said...

Fabulous male card! Love the image and the sentiment is fantastic, too. Thanks for playing along with us at Fab´n´Funky Challenges. Have a wonderful day and good luck! Hugs, Sujin

Beccy said...

wow - this is an amazing card - love the image and your design - thanks for joining us as Fab n Funky
Beccy x

Zoe said...

Oh gosh, he's a scary character, thank you for joining in Rhedd and Rosie's, good luck, Zoe DT xx

Unknown said...

What a great image and love the sentiment. :) This is a really cool card. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday. Hugs, Lisa

Pat said...

Great card, super image, thanks for sharing at Fab'n'Funky.

Pat xx

Jo said...

This is stunning. That image is absolutely amazing!! Thanks for playing along this week at MTTC. Jo :)

Nikki Byrne said...

Amazing card, inside and out! I love this image, it is one of my Favourites from Teri! Thank you for joining us this week at OSAAT and good luck. Hugs
NIKKI DT

Debbie Adams said...

Terrific card! I agree with you it's kind of creepy, but you did an awesome job with this card. I like it. :D I also like the charm and sentiment you used. Wonderful coloring, too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT.
Deborah OSAAT DT

CraftyGirl said...

Awesome!!! Thank you for playing along this week at OSAAT. I sure hope to see you back again very soon. Good Luck in the challenge!!!

TTFN,

CraftyGirl OSAAT DT
craftygirlcardsandcrafts.blogspot.com

Sandra Wright. said...

A great entry in to our challenge over at Rhedd & Rosies...x

coops said...

oh wow this is just stunning sheena.fantastic image and design :D

xx coops xx

Chris said...

I love the theme of your challenge, it cracked me up. Your image is cool and I love the way you colored it. It's a great card.
Thanks for playing with us at SFTW.
I hope you're feeling better.

Sam K said...

Hahaha great card and fab sentiment too :) x Thank you for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday. Good luck, Hugs Samantha K x