Jolly Holly!

Sunday 16 December 2012

Good afternoon!

Are you all getting excited??  Are you all organised??  I was trying to get all my Christmas pressies wrapped yesterday but the old back was having none of it!  I got most of them done but still have a few to do.

I'm all excited cos I'm heading out soon to see my wee nephew Ryan in his school P1 nativity play!  He's playing a shepherd  (or a Chefferd as he was calling it! - He knew what he meant but his wee sister Holly wasn't so sure and at one point told my cousin that he was going to be a cooker!  After some puzzled looks all round I asked them what a chefferd did, Ryan said "he looks after sheep" and Holly said "he makes my dinner"!!  Like a chef!! lol!  I then explained that he was actually going to be a shepherd and what he did!) and he has a line to say.  My hands will be sore from clapping after it as you have to clap after each child says their line - it's tradition!

Anyway, time for another challenge at Eclectic Ellapu and it's a special week this week as the Pink and Purple teams have joined forces for a special 3 week challenge over the festive holidays.  Elaine decided that it would be good to have a theme of...

Anything goes!

So here's what I did


I made this card for my gorgeous wee niece Holly using the same fold of card as I did for Ryan (always best to give them the same things or a row will break out!)


The image is Tilda With Two Little Gifts by Magnolia, coloured with the following copics: Skin;E21,13,00,000,R20. Clothes;R39,37,27,YG07,05,03. Hair;E49,39,35,31.  Plus I helped some of the shading with some Prisma pencils.


The papers are "Special Delivery" by Helz Cuppleditch.  The sentiment is Merry Christmas by Papermania and the Holly is also a stamp from some Christmas set but I can't remember which (it might have been an Elusive Images set) stamped with versamark and embossed with white Stampin' Up! EP.  I used copious amounts of snowtex on almost everything!  The loopy ribbon is from The Ribbon Girl and the jingle bells and felt trees are table decorations from my stash.


So pop over to Eclectic Ellapu to see the fab inspirations from both teams and join in with the fun!

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Anything Goes Challenge Blog: Traditional colours
Charisma Cardz Challenges; Christmas makes
Crafty Boots Challenge Blog: Christmas
Cupcake Crafts Challenges: Merry Christmas
Divas By Design; Use some red
Dream Valley Challenges; Christmas
Joanna Sheen Challenge Blog; With love at Christmas
Party Time Tuesday; Kids Christmas
Top Tip Tuesday; Christmas
Sparkles Christmas Challenge: Button or Bow

Thanks for looking and a big hello to my new followers!
 Photobucket

13 comments:

Lisa Minckler said...

She's sensational!! Exceptional decorating on this wonderfully folded card and the coloring on her gorgeous!! You've done a marvelous job on your Christmas card. REALLY love the bordering on the top edges, very snowy and festive. :)


Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Lisa xx

Vicky said...

Lovely card Sheena, great festive colours and such a sweet image

hugs Vicky xxx

Bonnie Irvine said...

This card is sweet. Love the image and your beautiful colouring. The design is fabulous and the papers and embellies are so festive and fun. I'll bet she loves it!

Patricia said...

Let me be the first to say this is a gorgeous creation! I love the cascading card - so many surfaces to create on. You've done a wonderful, wonderful job!

Suzie's Card Den said...

Hi Shenna, brilliant card - I love the shape and your colouring is amazing.
Hugs
Suzie xx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

So very cute!!! Lovely traditional colours and the snow looks so fantastic - great card all round :)

Peanut said...

So veyr cute! and you've coloured it so well!

coops said...

wow so stunning sheena.fabulous shape and i love your gorgeous tilda and colours ;D

x coops xx

Anne said...

Fabulous Sheena. Anne x

Anonymous said...

A fabulous creation, love the fab shape...thanks for joining us at Divas!
Helen x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Fabulous card, lovely to see this design.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.


Dionne

PS Enjoy the play.

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Gorgeous creation as always hunnie xxx

xxxtglxxx said...

Fabulous christmas card - its gorgeous! :)

Thanks so much for joining us at the Joanna Sheen Challenge,

hugs

xxalisonxx