Ruby Wedding...

Thursday 14 May 2009

Photobucket

I had to make a really quick card for my aunt and uncle who's 40th wedding anniversary was yesterday and we didn't realise that until yesterday!! So I came to blogland once again for some much needed inspiration! I followed the sketch from Friday Sketchers:

Photobucket

This is my card:

Photobucket

I used the New Years glass from magnolia and I used my stamp-a-ma-jig for the first time! I thought as it was a celebration card they could be clinking together in a cheers like fashion! I used a small amount of dusky pink pro-marker and blended it out to look a bit like pink champagne and coloured the whole glasses with clear stardust pen. I stuck a few pink and clear dew drops to look like some bubbles escaping from the glass. I added some faux stitching to the basic grey backing papers so it fits the Just Magnolia in stitches challenge also.

Photobucket

This is the inside:

Photobucket

I hope you liked it!

Photobucket

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOvely anniversary card, thanks for joining us at FS.
Carole

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my what a great anniversary card love your colours and fab image bet they will love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Spyder said...

Love it! wish I'd seen it 5 minutes ago, I've just done a sketch of my own like this one...I like yours better! Lovely card!

((Lyn))

Louise said...

Another amazing card Mrs D, I need to do a 40th Anniversary card for my Aunt and Uncle in the next couple of weeks and am still hunting for a suitable image (they're not into cutesy stuff and they don't drink so I'm thinking a fancy heart or maybe a rose?) Anyway, LOVE this sketch might use it myself and those 'rattan?' roses are gorj!

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sheena,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Bev said...

Wow! This is fantastic hun - love the clinking glasses, what a brilliant way to use the stamp! x