Dream Home

Thursday 14 August 2014

Hi everyone,

I'm a few days late getting my post done as one of my work colleagues died very unexpectedly at the weekend.  I work at my families business and everyone there feels a bit like family whether I'm related to them or not!  So it was such a shock to hear about Charlie.  He will be missed.

We have a new challenge over at Seems A Little Sketchy and our sponsor for this fortnight is QKR Stampede
http://www.qkrstampede.com/

Our sketch this time looks a little something like this...

Rotate it, flip it, stretch it, squash it, as long as we can see the sketch!

Here's what I did:

My image is by QKR Stampede and I used the following Copics: BV04,0000,RV23,21,10, Blender.  I then cut it out with a Spellbinders circle die and mounted it on a big scallop circle die-cut.


For a change I made it into an A5 card and I made the background by placing strips of double sided tape onto a pre-cut square and then coated the tape with some lovely clear glamour dust.  The sentiment was computer generated using the font Cardinal Alternative and then I cut the banners out by hand.  The ribbon and gems are from my stash, the corners are by Prima.


For the inside I copied the sketch again and for some reason I could not get a decent picture of the inside!  This is the best of a bad lot!


So please pop over to Seems A Little Sketchy to check out what the rest of our lovely DT have made and have a go at it yourself!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Bearly Mine Challenges; Anything goes
Crafty Girls Challenges: Anything goes
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog; Anything goes
Cute Card Thursday; Clean & simple
Stamp & Create: Anything goes
The Squirrel & The Fox: Anything goes

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

4 comments:

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Sheena, this is too cute! Love the colors and your coloring. Great added sparkle too.

Denise Goeldner said...

Wonderful card love the scene created. Thanks so much for joining us over at Bearly Mine Challenges, good luck and hope to see you again.
~ Denise DT ~
Bearly Mine Inspiration & Challenge Blog
{Denise's Patch of Creativity}

Elizabeth Hart said...

So creative and i LOVE that burst of sparkle!! Thanks so much for stopping by this time at the Creative Fingers Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

MagsB said...

What a gorgeous new home card! I love the castle (but how long would it take to clean it lol???!!) The sparkly sunbeams are a really special touch too!

Thanks for joining in at The Squirrel and the Fox!

love Mags B x