Buzzing By To Say Hi!

Monday 25 August 2014

 Hi Everyone!

One of the things I like to do is watch TV while I craft.  I bought the box set of The Sopranos ages ago and I struggled for a long time to get into it.  So many people raved about it when it was on.  But, I persevered and I have to say that now I'm quite enjoying it!  I'm just at the end of the first series, but I'm liking it now.

We have a new challenge up today at Seems A Little Sketchy and our sponsor for this week is Lacy Sunshine

http://lacysunshine.weebly.com/
 And they're offering 3 digi's to our winner.

We have a really cute sketch for you this time...

 http://seemsalittlesketchy.blogspot.co.uk/

Here's what I did..


The image is by Lacy Sunshine called Sweet Lil Bumblebee and I coloured her with the following Copics: Skin; E21,13,00,0000,R20. Hair & Clothes; 100,C9,5. Clothes & flowers; Y17,15,13. Flowers; YG07,05,03,RV23,21. Sky; B00,0000. Blender.  I then cut the image out with Spellbinders circle dies.


The papers are Pink Petticoat - Honeycomb bees from the Isabelline set and Doodle in Goldenrod from the Spookie Doodles set.  I had little bumblebee buttons in my stash and I cut the loops off the back with pliers before attaching to ribbon from my stash.  The ribbon was black with white dots and I didn't like the white dots with the card, so here's a wee tip; I used a yellow Sharpie to colour the white dots yellow!  (They look kind of fluorescent in the pic but I think that's just from the light cos it doesn't look so bright really.) The gem stickers are also from my stash.


I used Powerpoint to make a bumblebee flight path and added a sentiment using the font AR Hermann.


So please pop over to the Seems A Little Sketchy blog to check out what the rest of the DT have done and don't forget to join in!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge Blog; Warm, sunshiney colours
Bunny Zoe's Challenge Blog; Summer colours
Stamp & Create Challenges; Anything goes
The Corrosive Challenge Blog; B unique - 3 B's= Bumblebees, black, bling.
Top Tip Tuesday; Anything goes

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

6 comments:

Jacquel said...

LOVE your card Sheena! That image is colored to perfection & the inside is just adorable...very nice work Hun!!!
DT Sis Jackie

Sandy Trefger said...

Oh Sheena! This is a darling card! Love the little bee image and the ribbons and papers you used. Fabulous coloring on her too!
~Sandy from SALS Design Team

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Sheena, what a fabulous creation! Love that image and your coloring is stunning! Great added embellishments too.

brenda said...

A gloriously bright and sunny card Sheena.

Thanks so much for joining in my Sunshiny theme at Allsorts this week.

B x

Lori Turner said...

She's absolutely adorable, Sheena! I love how you colored her and the little details you've added...thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Great image and coloring! Thank you for sharing with us at Top Tip Tuesday. Amy A., DT