Retro Revival!

Saturday 18 January 2014

Hi everyone!

I have been demented over the past few days because my Office 2010 programs quit working.  I use them for so much - I have everything organised in excel and it was really annoying that I couldn't get it fixed.  I think the problem happened when I was renewing my internet security program cos it was just after that when I tried to open excel and it wouldn't let me.  It told me to go to the control panel and do a repair, which I did, unsuccessfully, several times!  I then had the task of finding the box with the disk in that the program came on (which I eventually found and I have no idea why I put it where I did!).  I then tried the repair again, this time from the disk.  It still didn't work.  I ran virus scans and checks and could find no solution so I un-installed and re-installed the entire Office program.  I entered the key and did everything right and thought it was fixed but then it said it needed to verify the key.  Then the bloody pop-up came up again saying: “An unspecified error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time. Please try again later. (0x8007000D)” with a little link asking if this information was helpful...well, no.  It really wasn't helpful!
So after a few more attempts at doing repairs that I knew wouldn't help I finally found a solution on google and got it fixed!  I can't tell you how relieved I am!  I keep opening excel and just keep looking at it!  I'm so grateful to the people who run blogs which are there to help people with things like that, cos it's not the first time I've had to get help with something and found the answer on a blog.  So a big cheer to everyone in blog-land for putting so much time and effort into things that help other people (for free!), even if it is just a silly story that will maybe help someone to put a smile on their face!

So back to my post which will bring you back through time to Tuesday, when this should've been posted!

We had a new challenge up on Tuesday at the Creative Card Crew and 2 fabulous sponsors...

First of all, one of our regulars, Marianne Designs
http://www.mariannedesign.nl/
Who are offering a gorgeous set of stamps and a set of dies to one lucky winner!


Our second sponsor for this fortnight is Kenny K Designs
http://www.kennykdownloads.com/
They're giving another lucky winner 3 digi's!

So, the challenge we have for you is a special one as it is running along with Seems A Little Sketchy and using their sketch!  It was lovely to use the same sketch for 2 cards and see how differently they turned out!  Here's the sketch:

http://creativecardcrew.blogspot.co.uk/

And here is my card, I'm nice and early for my sister's birthday this year, it's not til April!


The image is by our sponsor, Kenny K Designs and is called What If.  I coloured her with the following Copics: Skin; E21,13,00,0000,R20. Hair; E49,47,44,43. Clothes; RV23,21,10. Background; Y15,13,11.


The papers I used are from the Country Drive pad by Echo Park.  It's not too often that I use all the papers in a pad but this one is nearing the end, lots of lovely papers in that one!
Not a lot going on on this card as I thought the retro look of the image suited a simple design, so I went with the bright coloured papers teamed with the black border and rounded corners instead.
The sentiment is computer generated using the font Calibri.  I usually make some dig at my sister about her age as she is older than me so I can get away with it!  A few years ago I bought her some wrinkle cream!  She was not amused, well, maybe a little!  lol!


The inside uses the same papers and a simple happy birthday sentiment using a Wild Rose Studio stamp.


So that's my card, please pop over to the Creative Card Crew and Seems A Little Sketchy blogs to submit your entries and have a look at what the DT's have done - lot's of inspiration this time with 2 design teams!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Crafty Creations Challenges; Something to drink - I wasn't sure if mentioning a drink in the sentiment was enough to enter, if it's not then please remove my entry :)
Crafty Sentiments Designs; Anything goes
Cute Card Thursday; Warm it up
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog; Happy birthday
Lady Bug Crafts Ink Challenge Blog; Keep it clean (and simple)
Moving Along With The Times; Girly Cards
Stampin For The Weekend; Happy Birthday
Top Tip Tuesday; Clean and simple
Kenny K's Krafty Krew; Use black

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

16 comments:

Shazza said...

fabulous card, love the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week

Hazel (Didos) said...

WOW this is brilliant, what a great card, Im sure your Sister will love it, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxox

https://adiecrafty.blogspot.com/ said...

Love this card the image is so versatile can be used for just about anything.
hugs adie

Regan said...

This is sensational! Those papers are perfect for the retro feel of the card! Great sentiment and lovely coloring! Thanks for joining us at KennyK's Krafty Krew!
{hugs}
Regan
Team B{iker Girl}

DesignerDiva said...

Super card Sheena, love the colour combo and I love the sentiment!
Thanks for sharing it with us at MAWTT this week and good luck with the challenge
Hugs Laurie x

Jac’s Playground said...

Love those papers and fab image and sentiment, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week. Jac x

coops said...

love this sheena.stunning retro image and design and the wording is brilliant ;D

xx coops xx

Emily Thubbron said...

Wow.. This is amazing. I love the retro papers. Great job on the sketch and the coloring. Thanks for sharing with us at Kenny's Krafty Krew.

Emily
Core 4

Annette said...

What a great retro card with gorgeous papers! Love the sentiment ;)
Thank you for joining us at the KennyK's Krew with your card!
Hugs Annette
Team A(ll That)

Kathleen said...

Fabulous card, love the image and the sentiment.
Glad you have sorted your computer.
Thanks for joining in the LCI challenge this month and good luck.

Kath

Alvina said...

Beautiful card, I love ur coloring, TFS!

Meighan Wheller said...

Beautiful colouring the image looks alive. Love the bright colours on the whole card and the layout. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Meighan DT

Meighan Wheller said...

Beautiful colouring the image looks alive. Love the bright colours on the whole card and the layout. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Meighan DT

Suzie McFloozy said...

This is fabulous the layout and colours suit the image perfectly x
Thanks for playing along with us at Stamping for the weekend & good luck x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

Stacey said...

Brilliant card. the papers go really well with the image. Thanks for sharing with us at KennyK xx Stacey S xx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love this card! Utterly fabulous!! Hugs, Wends x