The Sweetest Thing!

Wednesday 27 November 2013

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all keeping well - I thought I'd make it a hat-trick of song titles for post titles!  I love the U2 song and it actually came on the ipod (set on random) while I was making this card, so even more appropriate this time! lol!

I can't believe that this time 4 weeks we'll be waiting for the big man to make his way down the chimney!  Is anyone else as ready for it as me??  ie. not. at. all.!!!  That's part of the fun of it for me though, the mad panic in the run up and the first half of the day itself and then being able to relax and enjoy the rest of the time!  Did anyone notice that I managed a whole paragraph about a particular subject without actually mentioning the subject?!  But I'm sure you all know what I'm going on about!  Lol!

So another challenge for you today at the Creative Card Crew and our fabulous sponsor for this fortnight is the Scrapping Center!

http://www.scrappingcenter.com/
with a fab $15 dollar prize voucher for one lucky winner!

The challenge we have in store for you this fortnight is...

Sweet Treats!

So make us drool over all the sweets and chocolate and lollies and... oops, I got a bit distracted there!  Here's what I did:


My image is Creepy Cake Twist by The Greeting Farm and I coloured her with the following copics: Skin;E21,13,00,0000,R20. Hair;E49,47,44,43. Dress;G24,21,20, BG01,000,0000, Y17,15,13, R22,21,20, E07,04,33,31. Shadow;W5,3,1.  I wasn't totally happy with my colouring on this one but I was in such a hurry to get it done that it had to do!


The papers I have used are Basic Grey "Nook & Pantry" and the sentiment is computer generated using the font Penshurst.  The fabby yellow skull is a bead and came from my stash along with all the diamantés, oodles of em!


The inside has been done to compliment the front.


And that's my card!  I hope you can join this sweet challenge at the Creative Card Crew - check out what the rest of the DT have done, especially all our newbies - give them a great big lovely welcome!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks; Anything goes
Allsorts; Bring on the bling
Bearly Mine Challenges; Anything goes
Drunken Stampers Challenges; Diner
Moving Along With The Times; Music inspired - The Sweetest Thing by U2!
Oh La La Challenge Blog; Birthday
Paper Crafting Journey; Bling it up

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

13 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Very cute!! I love all these delicious layers and your coloring is phenomenal! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

coops said...

so gorgeous sheena.fabulous papers and layers and the image is stunning ;D

xx coops xx

Donna said...

Awesome!! Thanks for playing along with the "Diner" challenge on Drunken Stampers this week :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is so sweet, Thanks for playing on MAWTT this week, Love Hazelxo

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card Sheena, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts for our Bring on The Bling challenge x

Chris Dring said...

Absolutely fabulous card! Your coloring is amazing, no worries! Thanks for playing along with the Drunken Stampers this week for the Diner challenge!

Margaret said...

I just love this image and your coloring is spectacular. Love the colors and design of your card. Maggie - DT Teamie.

Lindsey said...

What a fun card! I love the mix of sweet and Goth -- and the colouring looks great to me! So glad you played along with the Drunken Stampers this week!

Gale said...

Lovely birthday card. Love your coloring. Thanks for joining us at PCJ in our "Bling It Up" challenge and good luck. Hugs, Gale DT

Jessi Fogan said...

THAT SKULL! It is the icing on top of this super awesome cupcake! LOVE it :) Thanks so much for coming to play with the Drunken *hiccup* Stampers this week!

Jackie said...

Wow love this, really fabby papers you have used, and cute image, beautifully coloured. Thank you for playing along with us this week at BearlyMine Challenges. Good Luck. Jackie DT.

Barbara Godden said...

Fabulous image, fabulous card, awesome colouring Thankd for playing along with the Drunken Stampers for the Diner challenge

Alli Devine said...

Great card and I love your colouring. Thanks for joining in our Birthday Challenge at Ooh La La Creations

Alli D x