Noah's Christening

Friday 25 October 2013

Hi everyone, long time no post!

My back went out on me again last week from, believe it or not, doing a lot of writing!  Strenuous work I do you know!  And then on top of that I started to get a sore finger and on Monday evening, after I cleaned off my nail polish, I discovered that under my nail was full of pus!  Eww!  So I was talked into going to the doctor on Tuesday (I felt a bit odd going to see the doctor about a sore finger!  I was going to do the whole "it hurts when I touch my wrist, it hurts when I touch my elbow...I have a sore finger" thing!  But I didn't. lol!) and I'm now on anti-biotics.  I must admit that the infection must've been making me feel icky all over as I feel a lot better now.

I thought I'd share a card with you that I made a good while ago for my Mummy and Daddy to give to my nephew on his Christening.  Mummy said she wanted a really special one so I did my best - here it is...


 It's a large 8x8" card from Craftwork Cards and I thought I'd put a cute wee pic of the man himself onto it!  (I have asked permission to put his pic on my blog and they said OK!)  I also added his date of birth as requested but as it's a Christening card, the date of birth disappears when you open it cos it's an easel card!


I didn't use designer papers on this one, instead I used the gorgeous designer fabric from the Beau Château set by Stampin' Up!, I stitched around each piece with my sewing machine.  The gorgeous lace is from my stash along with the pearls and diamantés.  The pleated ribbon is by Melissa Francis.  I added the date of the Christening for when the card is open.  The sentiments are computer generated using the font "Penhurst".


The dies I have used are all Spellbinders - circles, labels 3 and Grand Nestibilities Decorative Elements Circles.  I also used a Stampin' Up! label punch.

Here's the inside


The day went really well and the wee man was so good and looked gorgeous!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge; Ribbon
Fussy & Fancy Challenges; Celebrations
Moving Along With The Times; Shape Up
One Stitch At A Time; Anything goes
Papercrafting Journey; Anything goes
The Paper Shelter; Easel cards
Quirky Crafts Challenges; Favourite things - my favourite things are - easel cards, lace, and of course the picture of my nephew!
The ABC Challenge; X for xtra special
Whimsey Stamps Inspirations Challenges; Shabby Chic

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

16 comments:

Anne said...

Glad you're feeling a bit better Sheena. The card as always is gorgeous. Noah is a real sweetheart. X

Unknown said...

Sheena, I hope you feel better soon, my lovely, and this is a wonderful card for Noah, he is so handsome, I got a grandson called Noah this year he is my youngest of 6 grandchildren xxx

Spyder said...

This is a fabulous card Sheena a real keepsake! but don't forget to add your favourite things which you've use, as it's part of the challenge! Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts!!
((Lyn)) DT

paper fun said...

Stunning, Sheena. Really gorgeous.

Mari

Tracey said...

Gorgeous!! This is so beautiful. I love the fabric, such a nice change. Pretty lace too and such a cute baby. Thanks for playing along with us this week at OSAAT, hope to see you back again soon.
Hugs, Tracey (DT)

Hazel said...

It's absolutely beautiful and a wonderful keepsake. I bet your parents were pleased with it. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

Ingrid Mason said...

Sheena, what a very,very special Christening card and I would imagine that your parents were quite overwhelmed by all the thoughts and skills you have put into creating a card that can best be described as an heirloom. I can't begin to mention any single element that stands out to me because your attention to detail makes everything very special. I can though, feel all the love you gave to your family in the making of this wonderful card. Good luck in our challenge this week. Ingrid xx ( OSAAT Team )

May said...

Stunning card, Love the fabric & sweet photo...the design is Beautiful this will become a treasured keepsake.... Thank you for joining us at Fussy & Fancy... Hugs May x x x

coops said...

so stunning sheena.really love your classy design and the pic of your nephew is so precious :D

xx coops xx

The Lady Boz said...

What a simply gorgeous creation and will be treasured for a long time. Such pretty papers and embellishments too. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT. Jennie x

crafty-stamper said...

gorgeous easel card and beautiful papers and love the embellishments and beautiful photo -a beautiful keepsake-thanks for joining us at OSAAT
Carol DT x

Patricia said...

Beautifully done Sheena!

Rosie said...

WOWZERS, this is soooo beautiful!! Thank you for playing in our Easel Card Challenge at The Paper Shelter! Hugs, Rosie

Merkkari said...

Oh Sheena, your card is so sweet! I love it! Thank you for participating in the The Paper Shelter challenge this week!

Hugs, Merkkari

Ann-Marie said...

A beautiful easel card, love all the lace. Thanks for sharing with us over at The ABC Challenges. Take care, Ann-Marie xxx

kelly ledder said...

Sheena this is lovely what a great keepsake. Thanks for playing along with moving along with the time this week.

Kelly x