You Stole My Heart

Friday 6 September 2013

Hi everyone!

Thank crunchy it's Friday!!  It's been a long week.  I'm so looking forward to this weekend!
What better way to end a long week than with a new challenge?
How about one from PunkYouGirl?  :)

Our challenge this month was set by the lovely Jane and she chose...

Red & Black!

My favourite colour combo!!  I've said before but they are my county colours and my car (Clifford) is red with black stripes!

Remember that we are a darker themed challenge blog so gothic/steampunk etc entries.

So here's my card:


The image is Heartless by Mo's Digital Pencil and I coloured her with the following copics: Skin: E21,00,0000. Clothes and hair: R59,39,29,100,C9,7,6.


 I used some plain black card and cut it to size, then I tore it and ran it through my bug in a Stampin Up! stripes embossing folder.  I then used my Crop-o-dile to add some eyelets.  I attached the two pieces to my red base and then threaded some thin black ribbon, corset style, up the card.  I die cut a Go Kreate heart and before I removed the card from the die I used a black fine liner to doodle a chequer-board effect over the heart (this took flippin ages!)  I fussy-cut the image and placed her over the heart.  The sentiment is computer generated and distressed with black soot distress ink.  The charm is from my stash.


The inside has the same treatment (more or less) as the front.  (I hadn't time to chequer this heart though)


So I do hope you can join us for this challenge - go take a look at what the first half of the DT have done at PunkYouGirl!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Bearly Mine Challenges; Anything goes
Crafty Ribbons Challenge Blog; Anything goes with ribbon
Creative Inspirations; Favourite colour combo
Eureka Stamps Challenge Blog; Tender thoughts
The Hobby House Challenge Blog; Hobby House artists - Mo Manning
Lacy Sunshine Challenge Blog; Dies and/or punches
Papercrafting Journey; Anything goes
Papertake Weekly; Anything goes
ABC Challenges; U for unlimited
Totally Papercrafts Friday Challenges; Red & black + touch of white
Mo's Challenge Blog; Anything goes

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it ! Fab rich colours x

Unknown said...

Fantastic Sheena xxx

ike said...

This is just gorgeous !!! I LUV the image and your particular shade of red with the black is fabulous. A superb creation - I am in love with it :-D

Hugz
IKE xxx

coops said...

so stunning sheena.fantastic design and colours and i love the image :D

xx coops xx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Wow, this looks fabulous!! Love red and black, the corset background is genius and the image is perfect for this card :)

Lozzy said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and what a great design..Thank you for joining us at Bearly-Mine Challenges this week and hoping you would like to join us again soon. Good luck in draw..Hugs Lozzy x

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card Sheena :-) I never saw this image before ,,, she is gorgeous, and the heart charm is perfect !! totally LOVE this :-)

thanks for joining us on the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
luv
Lols x x x

Laine said...

Love this image and your colour choice Sheena. Thank you for sharing your creation with us at PCJ Challenge.
Laine
xx

Anonymous said...

fabulous red and black, beautiful colouring of your image, super Artist choice and a great layout, just perfect for our challenge at the Hobby House
Hugs Kate xx

Zella said...

WOW Sheena, I love how you gave the inside the same treatment as the outside. Very cool! Thank you for joining us at Eureka Stamps this week!
Blessings,
Zella

Alexandra♥ said...

Very interesting design!

Thank you so much for sharing & joining Totally PaperCrafts challenge!
Hope you'll play along with us in the upcoming challenges too.

~Alexandra~

Franz♥ said...

Wow Sheena! You made the perfect card for this Mo's image! Love everything about it!

Thank you for joining us at Mo's Challenge Blog this week :)

Hugs, Franz.

Jackie said...

Fantastic design on card. love it.. Thank you for sharing with us at BearlyMine Challenges this week. Good luck. hugs Jackie. DT

Gretha said...

Great card Sheena, love the colors and details you have used
Thanks for joining the Crafty Ribbons Challenge
x Gretha

Unknown said...

Fabulous card, Sheena! Brilliantly designed, perfect image and stunning colour combo!

Thanks for sharing with us at the Hobby House challenge and good luck!
xx

Nikki Craft said...

Ohhh I love black and red! You have coloured her beautifully and the layout of your card is fab!,
Thanks for joining us at The Lacy Sunshine challenge, Good Luck!
hugs Nikki x

Nikki Craft said...

I have my Hobby House on this time!
Love this image she is so cute and sassy:)
Thanks for joining us at The Hobby House Challenge:) Good Luck!
hugs Nikki x