Key To The Door

Friday 5 July 2013

Hi everyone!  Me again - no you're not seeing things, the men in white coats can stay where they are, this is actually my second post of the day!  To see my PunkYouGirl card, scroll down to the next post.

This one I have saved for the other challenge blog that goes live today - namely the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

It's the very lovely Jan's turn to choose our theme and she has chosen...

K for Keys!

I can imagine lot's of possibilities for this one (and I've just thought of piano keys!)

Here's what I did:


The image I've used is an oldie by Sugar Nellie called Life Is A Journey - perfect for a 21st birthday card!  I coloured her with the following... copics: skin: E21,13,00,0000,R20. Hair: E49,31,09,07. Clothes: E39,37,35.  Mother of pearl acrylic paint was used on the background, antiqued bronze Distress Paint was used on the frame, Bronze Viva pearl pen on the dots and a gold pen for the fixings.  I messed up around her eyes, the actual image isn't as big as it's shown here so it doesn't look quite that bad :/


The papers are Glitz, Pretty In Pink.  I used a Tim Holtz Alterations "Hardware Fndings" die to cut out the key.  Other elements are Make It Crafty gears galore and Stampin' Up! hodgepodge hardware and the whole lot were frantaged to within an inch of their lives with gold frantage powder (I've put it away now cos I had some visitors arrive mid frantaging and they went home looking considerably goldier!).  The 21 was die cut using memory box dies and the pearls, ribbon and jewellery findings are from my stash.


The inside is somewhat plainer than the front but more or less matches it with a Melissa Frances keyhole thingy (painted with distress paint) and another frantaged buckle.


So there you go, with my two cards for today (check below for the other one) - I'm off for a lie down!  So while I'm doing that, you could take a peek at what the rest of the DT have done over at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Cute Card Thursday: Stars or stripes
Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog: Heavy Metal
Fussy & Fancy Challenge: Steampunk
Ladybug Crafts Ink: Birthdays
The Sugar Bowl: Anything goes

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

10 comments:

maureenjscott said...

Love this Sheena!!! The digi is fab and i love the stripey paper! Need to get me some of that frantage tho - looks amazing!! Mo xxx

coops said...

so stunning sheena.i love your design and details and the image is fabulous ;D

xx coops xx

Céline said...

gorgeous, love the design and her hair
thanks for playing with us at fussy and fancy
céline

Nikki Craft said...

Gorgeous card:)...Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy Friday challenge....good luck and we hope to see you next time:)x
hugs Nikki x

Laila said...

very nice, i love your colours, and those dp's!

thank you for joining Fussy and Fancy
-Laila

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous card you have made here. It fits our challenge this week well of “heavy metal”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

tiggertastic said...

very creative
Sarah
tiggertastic.blogspot.com

lis-m said...

fab card , love this image...
Thanks for joining us at The Sugarbowl this time. Good luck! x

Jennifer's Vintage Paperie said...

I love your keys card! So steampunk. I am looking forward to the next Alphabet Challenge.

Wendy said...

Fab Hun love it thank you for joining us at the sugar bowl challenge with this great card

Xxxx Wendy