Wedded Bliss

Sunday 7 April 2013

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all well?  It has warmed up a lot here since my last post and almost all the snow from around my house has gone, but there's still a lot over the Mourne Mountains a few miles away.  Lot's of people are enjoying it by going up and skiing etc, but I'm afraid that's not for me!
Apparently there has even been an avalanche!  I've never heard of there being an avalanche in our wee mountains before and luckily no-one was near it.

Time for another Pink challenge at Eclectic Ellapu and it's our lovely Claire's turn to host.  The challenge she has chosen for the next week is...

Wedding, Engagement or Anniversary!

A fab challenge for this time of year as there are always so many weddings taking place!

Speaking of which, my card was made for my cousin and his lovely bride who got married last week on Easter Monday!  Of course we all wondered up until the bitter end if it was all an elaborate April Fool, but so far, it seems legit!  Lol!


I made an Easel card


My most-used-ever stamp is You & Me Baby by Tiddlyinks.  I adjusted the print colour to sepia before I printed it and coloured it with the following copics:  Skin: E21,13,00,0000,R20. Hair and clothing: E39,37,35,33,31,30,29,R39,07,Blender.


I printed the sentiments along with the image by adding them on Powerpoint.  I also printed the names onto corresponding card.  The corner swirly stamp is a mixture of two - the bigger one is a LOTV clear stamp and the smaller one is by Magnolia.  The die is Decorative Labels 8 from Spellbinders.
I don't know the manufacturer of the paper as it is a really old one from my stash and there was no name on it.  The pearls and lace are from my stash and I distressed everything (including the lace) with Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo distress inks.


I added a place to write your greeting under the easel with a computer generated sentiment.  The sentiment on the mini tag is from Wild Rose Studio.  I also added a little pocket for a gift to be enclosed.


So go take a look at the fab inspiration from the rest of the DT at Eclectic Ellapu!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

By The Cute & Girly; Vintage
Delicious Doodles Challenge: More than 1 fold
Papercrafting Journey; Monochromatic
Stamp & Create Challenge; Use at least 1 die cut
Tuesday Alchemy; Over the pastel rainbow
Tiddlyinks Challenge; Distress

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

16 comments:

KandA said...

This is gorgous. I love the sepia tones with the wonderful image. Thanks for joining in with us at the PCJ challenge xx

coops said...

wow so stunning sheena.i love this image and your no lines colouring is fantastic ;D

xx coops xx

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a stunning card you have made. It fits our challenge this week well of “fancy folds”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

Patricia said...

What a wonderfully vintage looking card. This is just beautiful and you coloring is awesome! Nicely done! ~Trisha

Lindsay Craftymonster81 said...

so beautiful, I love the sweet image and the colours and layout are gorgeous
Lindsay xx

Loopylou. said...

swoony swoon sheena this is just stunning, I love those colours
thank you so much for playing along with the tiddly inkers this challenge
hugs Lou xx

KristyLee said...

Very beautiful, love the antic lace! Great card, well done! Thanks for sharing with us at Delicious Doodles Challenges!
Peace,
Kristy

Oak Pond SC said...

This is amazing! I saw this on a challenge and had to let you know. Beautiful card, coloring and layout. Those pearl embellies and framing really make this card pop. Just divine. Hugs and happy crafting! -Kim

Katie said...

This is beautiful- the perfect wedding card! Your coloring is stunning and I love the sepia tones you used. Thanks so much for playing with us at Tiddly Inks!

Unknown said...

This is an utterly amazing project! I love how you printed it out in Sepia to color, I will have to try that. So glad that you joined us at Tiddly Inks this fortnight - I learned something new. :D

Uta said...

Your vintage card is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at By the Cute and Girly.
Hugs, Uta

Vili M. said...

Lovely card. I really love the colours and all the detailing is wonderful.Thank for joining us at Tiddly Inks Challenges!

Unknown said...

Sheena, this card is just absolutely stunning! I LOVE the vintage feel you have got going on and I am in awe of your beautiful colouring! Thank you so much for joining us at Tiddly Inks. Xx

Anonymous said...

Beautifully elegant card and your 'no lines' colouring is just stunning :-)
Kat x

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

Just stunning! love your colouring on these two :) thanks so much for playing at tiddlyinks this week! :D

Kylie said...

Beautiful card. The colours you have chosen are so lovely for a wedding card and the colouring is fabulous!!