Circletastic

Tuesday 30 April 2013

Hi everyone!

I hope you're all well.  I had a lovely weekend and didn't leave the house once!  After a few very busy weekends it was a welcome change!  Although my house was crying out for a good clean so had to do a wee bit of that! lol!

In between cleaning though, I found some time for crafting - it has to be done, right?!  I made my card for the new challenge at the Creative Card Crew.

This fortnight we are being sponsored once again by the fabulous Scrapping Center!



And they're offering another $15 to spend in their store to one lucky winner!

Our challenge for this fortnight is...

Bling!

I love this challenge!  And I'm sure I'll be totally wowed by all the bling blogland has to offer!

Here's what I did:


I went a bit mad with the circles!  I fell in love with this image "Summer" the moment I saw it at Saturated Canary.  I coloured her with the following copics: Skin: E21,13,00,0000,R20. Hair:E49,47,44,43,42. Clothes:Y06,02,00,B24,23,21,YG17,13,11,RV13,11,10,BG49,45,000. I have been a bit slack with colouring backgrounds so I thought this would be a good image to start practicing on and I used G28,24,21,E49,RV34,N1,B0000 to do it.


The papers I have used are Country Drive by Echo Park.  I used Spellbinders Decorative Elements Grand Nestibilities for the base of the card and Go Kreate large circles too.  Smaller Spellbinders dies were used for the image and back panel.  I used a white gel pen on the scallops and my bling is the pink and clear gems around the base scallops.  I also added a little clear gem to Summer's bow in her hair.  The sentiment is Stampin' Up! from the Happiest Birthday Wishes set, with a few more gems, just because.


A fairly simple inside, because it's quite a small space with another stamp from the Stampin' Up! set.


So go take a peek at the rest of the samples from the DT at the Creative Card Crew - they're all fab!

I'd like to enter my card in the following challenges:

Bunny Zoe's Crafts Challenge: Favourite colour combo
Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge: The letter B = Blue, Butterflies, Bow
Deep Ocean Challenge Blog; Favourite colour combo
Love To Create Challenge Blog; Punches and/or dies
Papercrafting Journey; Use a sentiment
QKR Stampede; Favourite things (My copics for colouring and a SC image!)
Quirky Crafts Challenge Blog; Dark & bright and don't be square
Stamp & Create Challenge; Use at least 1 die cut
Stampin' For The Weekend; Dies and/or punches
Saturated Canary Challenge; All things bright and beautiful

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

14 comments:

coops said...

so stunning sheena.fabulous card shape and i love your bright colours and gorgeous image :D

xx coops xx

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

So lovely - very fresh and colourful and the card shape is gorgeous too!

Craftin Suzie (Susan Wykes) said...

Fabulous card, love the shape! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments this week, hugs Susan x

Juls said...

This is fab!! Hugs Juls xxx

KraftyKoolKat said...

Wow!!! Sheena this card is awesome. I adore the colours you have used and you have coloured it superbly. I do love SC images and you have done this one proud.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

Diane said...

Fantastic shaped card Sheena !! Love the the image and your colouring, so bright and cheerful !! Thanks for playing at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week !!

hugs Diane xx

Judith said...

Love your card and your fab blog - I visited last night and signed up to follow you and I can see you followed me too ..... but have you checked out Fab'n'Funky Challenges today!! hugs Judith xx

Denise @ kc242 said...

Wow what a lovely blingy card. Your image is especially fantastic. Love the vibrant color choices.
Denise

Jules said...

Hi Sheena

What a fabulous card.

Great shape and image and I love how you have done the grass/flowers. Very clever!

Wishing you a good day.

Love Jules xx

Sandra Carey said...

Great card thanks for playing this week at L.T,C, Sandra dt http://careyscards.blogspot.co.uk/

Loopylou. said...

sheena this is a fabulous card! I love the shape!
Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the saturated canary challenge blog
hugs Lou xx

Caro said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you so much for playing with us at Quirky Crafts Challenges this week.

Spyder said...

Love your card, super colours, love the dye cut pattern. Thank you for joining Quirky Crafts this time, next challenge starts tomorrow evening, hope to see you there!!
(Lyn)DT

Deanne Saunders said...

So pretty!!!!! Thanks for participating in our QKR STAMPEDE challenge!! Hope to see you again next week!

~DEANNE~