I Scream, You Scream...

Friday 1 June 2012

Evening all!

I'm a little late in posting today as I completely forgot to schedule my post last night and had to wait til I came home from work, so here it is.
It's friday again and time for another challenge on the Alphabet Challenge Blog!
I really enjoyed seeing all your handmade flowers over the past fortnight but we're up to I and the lovely Roxx chose the fantastically fun theme of...

I for Ice Cream!

How cool is that??!!  Sorry, couldn't resist the pun! lol!

So here's my card:


I made a twisted easel card and used the base of the card as an ice-cream cone.  I used my scorboard to add the embossed pattern of the cone.  I then die-cut 3 different coloured circles out of card for the ice-cream - I embossed the mango flavoured scoop with a cuttlebug folder and heat embossed around the edges of the mint flavoured scoop.  The raspberry flavoured scoop looked yummy just as it was.  And a charm was added as the cherry on top!

 

The papers are Pink Petticoat Pinstripes in Sassy and the sentiments are Kraftin Kimmie - I snipped the rubber between the words so as I could curve the phrase around the circle and I stamped it with versamark for a watermark effect.  The other one is stamped with a chalk ink.


I used a Stampin' Up! pendant punch and the smallest spellbinder circle die to cut out the shapes for the smaller cones.  I added some of my ancient peel-offs for the wording.


The inside uses the same elements and a place to write your own message.


You'll see lots more fantastic ice-cream themed inspiration from the rest of the DT on the Alphabet Challenge Blog - I can't wait to see your entry! :P

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:

Crafty Boots; Anything goes
Crafty Creations Challenges; Circles
Crafty Ribbons Challenge; Easel Cards
Divas By Design; Anything goes
Fab N Funky Challenges; Celebrations
Oldie But A Goodie; Anything goes
Pixie Challenge; Summer
Southern Girls Challenge; Diecuts
Totally Papercrafts Challenge; Folds, folds and more folds


Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

8 comments:

Lesley said...

Fab card Sheena, yummy ice cream! xx

Vicky said...

Lovely original idea, great bright colours. Thanks for joining us with our celebrations challenge at Fab'n'Funky

hugs Vicky x x x

Unknown said...

Hi Sheena, what a fabulous idea and a brilliant card. So very unusual and lovely colours.

Thanks for joining in with us this week at Divas by Design.

Sarah

Dee's Craft Room said...

Such a clever card, I love how you made the cone and three scoops into a twisted easel card.

Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

Dionne

Anonymous said...

Lovely ice cream card, great for the challenge. Love the little cherry embellishment.

Have a great day xx

Rach83 said...

Wow, what a fab idea! Love your ice cream layout and bright colours. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky Challenges. Hope you'll be back to play again soon.

Rachel x

Tracy said...

Thanks for joining our challenge Oldie But A Goodie with this great entry, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Eva Marie said...

Gorgeous card! It gets me a summer feeling
Thanks for joining us at SGC
xx