Chickadee

Friday 20 April 2012

Morning everyone!

A poorly post from me this morning.  I've been to the doctor this morning and I've been told I have acute tonsilitis :(  Very painful and not a bit cute!

Anyway, it's friday morning and it's time for another challenge at the Alphabet Challenge Blog and my lovely teamie Emma picked the theme for this one, and it is...

F for Feathered Friends!

A bit of a toughy for me as I don't actually have a lot of stamps of birds!  So I went with a trusty Magnolia stamp and made this card:


 I used Memento "Rich Cocoa" to stamp "Tilda with chickens" and then I masked her off and used a Whiff of Joy "Tree stump" stamp and then masked it off too and used another WOJ stamp "Fall Grass", both of which I've had for ages, I think they came in a seasonal kit.  I like the slightly more subtleness the rich cocoa gives the image.
I coloured her with my Pro-markers this time.  Skin: Sunkissed Pink, Oatmeal, Blush and Pastel Pink.  Dress: Dusky Rose, Budding Rose and Pale Pink.  Hair and tree stump: Umber, Chestnut, Cocoa and Caramel.  Grass: Emerald, Bright Green and Meadow Green.  Flowers: Magenta, Cerise and Cocktail Pink.  Chicks: Gold, Sunflower and Lemon.
I used my large standard circle and big scalloped large circle nestibilitie dies to cut out the shapes.


I then used distress inks around the image: Tattered Rose, Tumbled Glass and Frayed Burlap.
The papers I used are from Echo Park "Country Drive" pad.  I used some Stampin' Up! bevelled window panes and adhered some contrasting paper to the back of them with glossy accents.  I then threaded some ribbon from my stash through the panes and stuck them to the bottom of my centre step card.  I used an old cheapo alphabet stamp set that I've had for years and the Rich Cocoa memento inkpad to stamp out my sentiment which I then cut out into rough squares and used the same distress inks as before to, well, distress them!  They're attached on with foam pads for a bit of a lift.  I finished off the lettering with a clear stardust pen.  I stuck the feathers (also from my stash) in at the top, but I'm not sure about them, they kinda look like what they are - an afterthought!


The inside finishes off my sentiment (Happy Birthday, Chick!)and uses the same materials as the front plus a papermania flower brad.


And that's me card!  If you go over to the Alphabet Challenge Blog you'll be blown away by the gorgeous creations the rest of the DT have come up with!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges:

Ladybug Crafts Ink Challenge Blog; Shapes
Little Claire's Designs; Doing the rounds
Paper Sundaes; Anything Goes
Scrappy Frogs Challenge Blog; Shape it up
Southern Girls Challenge; Fancy Folds
Stamptacular Sunday Challenge; Freebie week
The Corrosive Challenge Blog; Hit the bottle - glossy accents
Top Tip Tuesday; Spotty dotty
Whimsy Stamps Inspirations Challenge; Punches or die cuts
Just Magnolia; Soft spring shades

Thanks for looking!  And welcome to my new followers!
 Photobucket

24 comments:

Happy Crafter said...

Wow gorgeous card love your masking and the cute Tilda :)
Hugzz Val xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheena, sorry to hear your not well, it's hateful tonsilitus! Gargling with aspirin may give you some relief.

Your card is very pretty, love the stamped image with the sweet little birds.

Hope you feel better soon, take care xx

pembrokeshire lass said...

A challenge well met...and so inventively!! Hope you feel better soon. Joan

Elaine Stark said...

A lovely card. A cute image. I hope you are feeling well soon. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheena, sorry to hear your not well, it's hateful tonsilitus! Gargling with aspirin may give you some relief.

Your card is very pretty, love the stamped image with the sweet little birds.

Hope you feel better soon, take care xx

Andria said...

Promise I didn't pass it on over the Irish sea (lol). Glad they've given you anti-b's though hope they kick in soon. Gorgeous card, great masking. I've only tried it once need more practice, you make it look easy :)x.

Kathleen said...

Beautiful card Sheena, I adore the cute tilda and all the details. Those little glass panes are wonderful. I hope your throat feels better soon, I have had the same and no its not nice or cute!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes
Take care
Hugs
Kat xx

Tammy said...

This is so sweet Sheena! I love that adorable image and your fabulous window panes!! I hope you feel better! :)
Hugs, Tammy

Siv said...

People, or should I say artists, who really know how to colour an image always impress me! Also love your masking and the contrast of the papers.
Thanks for joining us at the Southern Girls, hope to see you again! Feel better soon!

Hugs from Norway ~ Siv

coops said...

gorgeous card sheena.stunning colours and i love the beautiful image :D

xx coops xx

May said...

Stunning card Sheena, love this image so cute, and coloured just perfect.... Hugs May x x x

angeleef said...

Such a cute card! Love the placing of your letters!
thanks for joining us at whimsy this week.
Greetz
**Evi**

Lisa Minckler said...

Wow, what a lot of masking you've done here to create a fantastic scenery! I just love it and that font for the sentiment is lovely. Perfect wording on the inside too... ;)
Beautiful card and I hope you feel better VERY soon.

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Remember you can enter up to 3 projects and 3 tips and don't forget our Caught Our Eye winner post too!
Hugs to you,
Lisa xx

Julie Wilson said...

This is lovely work. Thanks for joining our challenge here at Southern Girls.Julie W

Anita said...

I hope you feel better soon! Your card is beyond adorable! The layout is fabulous, and I especially love the sentiment placement. Thanks so much for joining us at the Stamptacular Sunday Challenge!

Kazza said...

A gorgeous card. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls and hope you have kicked the tonsilitis. kx

Adorable Country Classics said...

Your card is very cute!

mags said...

Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at Corrosive Challenges.
Mags
x

Diane's Card Designs said...

Wow...such a pretty card! The design is lovely with such a sweet image. Love the colours and ribbon detail.
Thanks for joining us at LCI Challenge this fortnight.
Diane xx

Mina said...

wow Sheena this is stunning and I love those floral threaded tiles they are beautiful...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia & hAnglar & sTanglar challenge
Mina xxx
p.s. I have candy on my blog if you would like to join in...the link is at the top of my sidebar

pinky said...

Well Sheena your card is super cute even if your tonsils aren't! Hope you are feeling a bit better by now. Love the added feathers, gorgeous card.

angelic crafter said...

ALovely card Sheena I love the little bevelled windowd... They add such a pretty dimension. Beautiful colouring too!! Thanks for joingn us at Southern Girls XO Tania

Roxx.T Barnes said...

Ooh D.T Sister I am sorry to hear your not feeling well. Hope you get better real soon.
Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog.

I truely wish you lived close to me! I can't seem to master this card.Cutting & measureing where to fold is my down fall! I need a folded templete! Your card is Jaw-dropping!! I mean really (Siv had it right)artist!! Proud you are my D.T sister!
Roxx

maxine said...

A lovely card thanks for playing along at Little Claire this month x