My Favourites

Wednesday 4 January 2012

I've seen a few people showcasing their top 5 cards from 2011 so I thought I'd have a go too.
It's been a hard decision to cut it down to 5 as there were some cards that I love for sentimental reasons, some cos they were fun to make and some that just turned out better than I expected!
So I went (mostly) for the better than expected ones!

They're in no particular order, so starting with this one

Photobucket


This was the card I made for my best friends 30th birthday.  The rock theme was because I had gotten her tickets to a rock concert (which we had an absolute blast at and took a week to recover from!) and the "turned out better than expected" part is that this was the first card I used prismacolour pencils on in addition to copics.
The original posting can be found here.

Photobucket


This is the card I made for my da for Fathers Day.  I had to make sure to put a hammer charm on it as he had blamed me on losing his "good hammer" years ago and we had recently discovered that it wasn't me who lost it after all!  This was the first (and as far as I can remember, the only) time I've made a centre step card (I'll have to remedy that!)
The original posting can be found here.

Photobucket


I was asked to make a card by a colleague of my sister, for her sons 18th, and she wanted it to be sexy.  I emailed a link to Kenny K's site to show her this image and was black-listed from their work emails!  The images were deemed to be a little too risqué!  Thankfully all honour has been restored and I can email my sister again.
You can see the original posting here.

Photobucket


This one was for another friend's 30th birthday, this time a friend from the MAC forum.  I loved the summery colours on this - I think that paper pad would have to be listed as one of my favourites.
You can see the original posting here.

Photobucket


Last of all is one I was asked to make for another colleague of my sister (or possibly the same colleague!) I think little girls are the easiest audience for cards like these so I went all out with bright colours and texture and shapes.  I was really pleased with the result and nearly didn't want to give it away even though I don't actually know any Kasies!  I was told that the little girl loved it and kept it up long after her birthday was over, so that made it OK!
You can see the original posting here.

Photobucket


So if you want to see more people's top 5's (and why would you not?!) head over to Debby's blog and then take part.

Thanks for looking!
 Photobucket

3 comments:

Alex said...

Love your Top 5 cards, thanks for sharing.

Alex

coops said...

fantastic selection of cards sheena.all so stunning ;D

xx coops xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a stunning collection Sheena.
Thanks for joining My Favourite Five.
luv
Debby