Ice Cream Sunday!

Sunday 8 August 2010

It's Sunday evening and that means the weekend is away again! I don't understand why the weekend goes by so quickly, although the weeks go by so quickly too so I suppose the weekend has to as well!

Anyway, I made a card today (well, it was really yesterday!).
I used one of Kenny K's gorgeous digi's - I bought 4 of them a few weeks ago and have coloured a couple of them - this one is Troublemaker. I've since seen his fabulous new ones and I want them all!

Here's my card...

Photobucket

The design paper is from the DCWV Rockstar stack and I embossed the background in my cuttlebug.
I wanted to use some pom-poms on the card to match the ice cream, and I knew I had a basket full of them somewhere, but after searching for ages I discovered that I had none in the right colour. So I used some ribbon and sewed around the edges and pulled the thread tight which sort of made wee scoops of ice cream! I still think pom-poms would've looked better.

Photobucket

I used a Marianne Design swirl on the corners.
I coloured the image with my copics

Photobucket

Skin: E41, E00, E21, R02
Hoodie: R20, RV21, RV11
Jeans: c6, C8, C10
Trainers & Ice Cream: W1, W3, W5, RV34, RV09
Hair: C7, C9, 110
Eyes: YG13
Shading: C2

This is the inside - plain and simple but the embossed paper ties it with the front of the card.

Photobucket

I followed the sketch on The Sweet Stop.

I've been having major diffs getting pictures onto my post. It wouldn't let me resize my images the way I normally do and they were too big, so I had to upload them differently and the quality is terrible! I'm hoping it's just a wee blip and will sort itself out - otherwise I have some homework to do!

ETA, I tried my usual way of adding my pics this morning at work and it worked! Maybe windows 7 doesn't like the way I do things!

I hope you like the card, thanks for dropping by!
Photobucket

9 comments:

Andria said...

It's gorgeous, love the different shades of pink. You should enter it into the kenny k challenge blog. Wish I had a printer lol :)

Unknown said...

Oh! Ok! I just did!! lol

dstandard said...

Adorable - love the embossed background! Thanks for playing at The Sweet Stop!

Paul said...

That embossed background is great for this card. She looks so innocent - why the Troblemaker name??? lol. I really enjoyed this week's challenge with KK and it looks like you did too.
TFS
Paul

Genevieve said...

Very funky Sheena! Love it :)

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

Sheena, what a gorgeous card. I love the texture of the embossing as it gives the card such a lift. Troublemaker eh - well maybe if that ice-cream was dripping all over my carpet!!! best wishes, Kym xxx

Jackie said...

Love this... fabby card, thank you for joining us at KKKGC this week x

paola said...

lovely card, great summer colors, thanks for playing with KKKG
smiles
Paola

Karen Howard said...

Wow, this is really stunning! Love the layout and your coloring is fantastic!

P.S. If you love challenges then you are sure to love my new blog:
www.felineplayful.blogspot.com