Bee-Hive yourself!

Wednesday 3 June 2009

Photobucket

This is a card of many firsts! It's the first time I've used this yummy Magnolia Tilda with bee, and it's the first time I used a mask for stamping! I sat Tilda on her big flower so as her bee would feel at home! It's also the first time I've used a sewing machine on my cards! I've been wanting to try it for months and finally got my sewing machine set up in my craft room at the weekend. It was so much easier than I was expecting!! And I love the results!

Here's my card:

Photobucket

I stitched around all the edges and also stitched a flight path for the couple of bee's on the backing paper!

Here's a close up of Tilda:

Photobucket

I'm getting happier with my colouring, it really does just take practice...lot's of it!!

I was making this card just so I could try out the sewing machine and I had a sentiment printed out and ready to cut which said "Ha-Bee Birthday!" when I realised that this card would be perfect for this weekend!! I'm going on a hen weekend to Edinburgh (and I think I'm safe enough to tell all as the bride doesn't read my blog.) The theme for the weekend is "Miss Bee-Hivin'!" and on Saturday night we're dressing the Bride-to-be up as Amy Winehouse!! Bee-hive, tattoo's and all!! I'm really looking forward to it!
Ditzy me had started making the card and didn't even twig about the whole bee/bee-hive thing until it was almost too late! Thankfully I noticed in time, which luckily has ended up saving me loads of time instead of making another card! I made the inside look a little more hen-partyish (ie. there's a hen in it!!) and I've left loads of room to get everyone to sign the card - it's an 8x8" card so there is loads of room!

Here's the inside:

Photobucket

It's also the first time in ages that I haven't followed a sketch! So no challenge to enter there...
It does, however, fit the challenge this week at Just Magnolia which is Animals and insects - I've got both!

Hope you like it!

Photobucket

11 comments:

Artyjen said...

Wow! That is one Ab Fab card love the masking and the sewing....well everything really!!
xoxo

Rach said...

what a fabulous card.xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Sheena,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

LINDA said...

Absolutely Gorgeous.. Fantastic job masking..Such a lovely card..
Hugs, Linda

cats whiskers said...

What a fabulous card love the colours and your fantastic layout and colouring, thanks for joining us this week
Hugs Jacqui x

Bev said...

What a fabulous card sweetie, such gorgeous papers and colours! Thanks so much for joining us this week x

Susie Sugar said...

simply stunning xx

michele said...

This is really cute and so unique. So well put together. I love sewn cards. I am nominating you for an award at my site and I hope you don't mind if I include a picture of this card and a link to you so my readers can see all of your creat creations. Best wishes, Michele

Bee said...

Charming card! Your colouring is excellent, great use of highlights and shadows :)
- Bee Crafty

Lynne said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and the image and great sewing. Love it all.

Nannieflash said...

Wow Sheena, I love your stitching, its so need and it looks fantastic. Thank you so much for becoming a follower, I thought Id come and join yours to. Take care with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxx