Thinking of you

Sunday 24 May 2009

Photobucket

This card was a long time in the making. I really wanted to make a card for my forum friend who sadly lost her brother. I stamped several images but none of them seemed right.
Then one day I was rumaging in a box looking for a different stamp and found this one, and I instantly knew what I wanted to do.

This is my card:

Photobucket

I followed the lovely sketch from Cupcake Craft Challenge

Photobucket

I heat embossed the Stampendous Dandie Trio image with gold embossing powder. I added a couple of flowery bits from stash and a couple of swarovski crystals. I also used peel-offs for the sentiment which I very rarely use - even though I have a book full of them! I inked the edges of everything with vintage photo distress inks - including the ribbon! The papers are from DCWV Once upon a time stack.

Photobucket

Here's the inside:

Photobucket

I wanted to write a few words so I used paper from a note book and punched along the top with my SU spiral punch, again inking all the edges with vintage photo distress ink. And finished it off in a tissue lined box.

Thanks for looking!

Photobucket

7 comments:

The Crafty Den said...

Oh Sheena, what a beautiful card and just perfect for your friend. I love the embossed image, so classy. Thanks for joining the CCC this week. Hugs, Denise x

Ida / Little said...

This is gorgeous, and so sorry to hear about your friend losing her brother. Thanks for joining us at CCC this week.

Hugs Ida

Spyder said...

Hi Sheena, popped over,(Follwing the link..how do you do that!?)
glad I did, this is such a lovely card, love everything about it. Just perfect.

Riet said...

Wowwww Sheena,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.
BEAUTIFUL.....

Hugs Riet.x

Louise said...

Georgeous card Sheena, a perfect image and perfect for the sad occasion.

Louise x

Rach said...

this is beautiful card Sheena, perfect.xx

Unknown said...

This is one of the most gorgeous cards I've seen for a while! SOOO pretty and thoughful xx