My favourite cards of 2008

Friday 2 January 2009

I saw on Becky's blog that she got an idea from someone of showing all your own favourite cards of 2008 - I too thought that it was a great idea, so here's mine!

I thought I'd start with this one as I made it from Ryan for his mummy and daddy's wedding anniversary and I just love it - although probably not because of the quality of card making!

Photobucket

Next is the one I made for mummy to give to daddy for his birthday - there's just something about it that I really liked - and of course it looks much better irl!

Photobucket

Another one with a pic of Ryan on it. This was the invitation for his 1st birthday party.

Photobucket

A bookatrix that I made for Rachael for her confirmation.

Photobucket

This one for Holly, from her grandparents.

Photobucket

Another one which looks much better IRL - I made this for Rachael when she received a music award, and as she plays the harp I thought this image was beautiful.

Photobucket

I quite liked this card and the way it shows off the effect of shrink plastic!

Photobucket

I loved the way this card turned out - although I was nervous that my customer might not like it! I was so relieved when she loved it as much as I did! And a box always adds so much more to a card.

Photobucket

I had to make 3 very last minute RSVP cards and I was pleased with how they all turned out.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Another card that I was pleased with the result - especially as I cut out the ghost free hand! And as it's attached to acetate, it floats in front of the card!

Photobucket

When I was commissioned to make a special money wallet by Santa including a letter from the man himself, I was so excited and made this!

Photobucket

And lastly, my favourite christmas card was for Ryan!

Photobucket

My card making has changed so much over the past year - and it can only get better!

I hope you enjoyed looking at them as much as I enjoyed making them! And may there be much more creativity and fabulous cards and more in 2009!


Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Andria said...

I love the cards you've chosen, it's a good idea I may have to pinch for my blog also lol. They are all completely different but equally lovely and lots of different techniques also. Now you've got your craft robo, you#ll be able to wow us with what it can do.

Chrissie said...

Fabulous cards Sheena, I love the idea of the end of year review!
Thank you for your kind comments on m DT card and I hope you can find time to join in.